Thursday, March 4, 2010

Jake's a healthy baby boy.

I took Jake to the doctor for his shots and 1-year checkup. Got there at 5 and checked in, Jake played with the waiting room toys and was having a ball. The nurse called us and we headed into our cell... um, I mean our room. I had to get all of Jake's clothes off for the check up and then she weighed and measured.

Jacob weighs in at 24 lbs 6 oz and measurs 33 inches long. He's in the 66th percentile for weight and 96th for height.

Then we waited. And waited. And waited.

Jacob played with the chair, the table, the step thing that comes out of the table... and tried to get into everything. And at first I tried to keep him out of stuff. But that got old after about 45 minutes. At that point I brought out the puffs so I could distract him from the really dangerous stuff but really I let him push buttons and spin the little doctors chair as much as he wanted. I did wrangle him away from the outlet under the desk... you know, the one that powers and runs the handy dandy computer.

After awhile the puffs weren't doing it for Jake so I opened the door and we went for a walk. Jacob found a storage room and loved looking at himself in the mirror someone had propped against the shelving. (I don't know why that door wasn't shut or the mirror put in a less "child friendly" place but I don't claim to be a genious.)

We finally got shots taken care of and then had to go downstairs for a finger prick. Poor Jake! He finally calms down and then has to sit through another round. The lab tech was trying to talk to Jake and get him to smile but Jacob just looked at him. If looks could talk, his look would have said "what do you think you're going to do?" He suffered through this too and we headed home.
We finally got home at about 6:30 (in case you're wondering... that's an HOUR AND A HALF at the clinic!) and John took him so I could eat dinner and Jake fell asleep. Slept through the night and didn't wake up once. Whew!

Katie had gone shopping with Grandma and I think she invited herself to visit downstairs because that's where she was when I got home.

John sat down to eat after I took Jake. Katie came upstairs (I think she wanted to get her flip flops - don't ask me why she insists on wearing them in the house) and saw John eating his BLT. She asked for "just one bite". Took that bite and needed "just one more bite". This went on until his whole sandwich was gone!

Then she went back downstairs. And I sent this to Grandma and Grandpa:

No comments: