Friday, February 19, 2010

Dancing with the Stars whooped my tushy

Dancing with the Stars is a great show. I just like dancing and the fact that they throw together semi-lebrities and actual dancers well, I'll just say it's entertaining.

So last year around Christmas I was wondering the aisles at my favorite Target store and as I was sashaying past the workout gear toward the dairy aisle (yay SuperTarget) I saw it.

The DWtS excercise video.

It was about $15 and there was no way I was going to spend that much on a workout video that I would probably* give up on a week after starting it so I went on my way. But I thought about that video. Even took a pic on my phone since it might make a good Christmas present for me.

*probably = definately

But I didn't get it for Christmas so I forgot about it... until another trip past the workout section at Target when I saw the video for ... $10! And I bought it. I had been so good about my elliptical workouts and was ready to move to the next level - actual full body movement.

And I used it... and have been using it for about 3 weeks. And let me tell you it's the best video EVER. It's tough and sometimes I have to slow down the DVD player to 1/16 of the speed so I can see the actual moves to mimic them... but I've been doing great and if not mastering some of the moves, at least I haven't been triping over my feet (anymore).

I've gotten in better shape and I can actually feel my muscles strengthen and I think I've lost some fat because my skinny weight jeans (that are actually a size 22 - don't judge me) are LOOSE!

I don't know what better reward there could be for letting Dancing with the Stars whoop my tushy.

No comments: