Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend at the lake

Had a great weekend at the lake with the kids! Katie went up with Grandma and Grandpa on Friday night after work and I brought Jake with me later in the evening. We got there at about 9:30 and got settled in.

Mom and Dad too Jake for the night and I got a great night sleep! Woke up the next morning and had a delicious breakfast and then helped run the winch for the men while they brought in the docs. Yes, I ran a winch. It was very fun.

After a heavy lifting then mom and I were going to go shopping until I realized I couldn't find my cash card. Arg. I was a little upset. Looked high and low till I figured out that maybe John hadn't given it back after he used it. Still had a check tho so off to Walmart we went!

I love that store. I can spend hours there and it seems like only minutes!

Bought some formula (since I forgot ours at home and then ended up forgetting this formula at the lake when we left on Sunday. Grrr.) and a cute hat for Katie, and a t-shirt for me, and some other stuff from their clearance aisle. I shouldn't even go into that aisle. I found some stuff that I thought about buying even though I didn't. even. know. what. it. was. for. Luckily I stopped myself before it found it's way into my cart.

We also hit two dollar stores and some boutiques. I did much better there. The only thing I bought at the dollar store was a bag of Hot Tamales... yum... that I tried to hide from Katie all day on Sunday. Till I could tell she was going to get mad because I wasn't sharing. I gave her a tiny taste and she did fine... then I gave her a whole one and she did fine. Well, her eyes were watering but she assured me that it wasn't too hot or too spicy. I decided to stop talking to her till she was done eating each piece (yes, she had more than one... or two pieces) because she was telling me "mama, it not schpishy" and I worried that there was potential for drool and if she did spray any Hot Tamale juice out onto grandma's stuff, it seemed likely to stain it.

Project Runway was on and I HAD to find out who was "out" that week, THEN I went to bed.

Woke up and hung out with two of my fave people (who happen to both be under 4 feet) and we had rice crispies and hung out. Mom woke up from her nap (she was up early with Jake and went back to bed at around 8 a.m. and woke up at around 10 a.m.) and made eggs and ham and tortillas... It was delicious.

Later in the day me and Katie went out to help dad pull off the cover of the pontoon lift and Katie helped pick up s-hooks and put them in a bucket. She was adorable in her purple boots, pink hat, pink scarf, and princess hoodie. Well, till she went into the garage and came out in her purple boots, pink hat, and princess hoodie. Then she went back to the garage and came out in her purple boots and princess hoodie. THEN she went to the garage and came out in her purple boots and inside clothes. Luckily we were about to go back inside so I didn't push for her to get everything back on!

Sunday evening I headed home with Jake at about 6. Katie stayed with Grandma and Grandpa and came home later that night.

All in all, a good weekend!

No comments: