Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Play Dates

A few weeks ago I figured that the best way to see some of the new babies in the family (and when I say new, I mean 6 months old but new to me!) would be to host a play date.

So, I invited two cousins and my sis in law AND all of our kids for a play date last night. Well, the play date was last night but our facebook conversations have been going on for at least two weeks, if not longer! Yes, it's true. We never talked in person, we "facebooked". And it worked great! It's so hard to have any sort of conversation on the phone these days between diapers, bottles, sippy refills, meals, lost toy finding... well, I'm sure you get the picture. And though I was a little resistant to getting on Facebook (you can ready my long winded post of a few months back, if you really want to know how I feel!) now I'm a fan... at least of some parts (I'll be checking my crops later).

We ate pizza and cake and the kids played while we moms talked. Our kids are about the same age and it was fun to see how they reacted to each other. The babies... not so much of a reaction, more of a "huh, I know you're there but your toy is more fun to play with" but Katie, Alex, and Paige were fun to watch.

Katie is working very hard on sharing but it's still a challenge. She was very angsty about her toys being touched - even the bin of her "miscellaneous (junk)" toys. But everyone found something to play with and Katie didn't have any meltdowns!

Kim mentioned that it was fun and we should do it again. I totally agreed and wondered where we could meet... Jenny thought maybe we could go to her place...

and...

Lindsay said

"Let's facebook it."

No comments: