Sunday, August 9, 2009

Katie will plan the rest of our lives.

Jake woke me up on Saturday morning at about 7 a.m. I went in to the room he and Katie share to get him before he woke her up. Picked him up and got him smiling, then I thought I better check on Katie - she usually kicks all of her covers off during the night. I looked in on her but she wasn't there! I thought that maybe I was so tired that I was just not seeing right, so I walked over to her bed and looked again. Still not there. Walked into the living room because sometimes she'll go there to watch her "shows" and still no sign of her! It was weird. I walked back to the bedroom and called her name and heard her answer me from the bathroom. Sure enough, she was on the potty. Right away, she started to say "Mommy, I goin' potty then I go poop. When I done, you put Jakie down and you wipe me, okay?" She sure knew what she wanted to have happen.

This isn't the first time she's done this. She's given directions for stuff before too. It's very cute and a little strange that she has such a good idea of the order of things.

No comments: