Friday, June 5, 2009

There is a time and a place for a smiley face...

Grandma and Grandpa hosted my birthday party at their place on Monday. We had lasagna, mandarin orange salad, bread, cake (Jenny makes a delicious milk-free cake!) and ice cream. It was so good!

We visted and Katie played with her grandpa and Uncle Mark and Paige and just generally caused a ruckus and had a blast. We were there till almost 10:00!

When we left Katie said "Thank you for having me at your birthday party... I had fun." Awww. That's so sweet.

Then we got in the car and I saw the smiley face she had drawn on the car window with green crayon. Not washable. We were on the way to the party and she told me "Mama, don't look at me... close your eyes" which should have been a sign that I really needed to watch her. Well, I told her that I was driving and couldn't close my eyes. She told me to "just look out the window then." Which I did, cause... driving. I asked her what she was doing and she said drawing a smiley face which I was fine with because she had been coloring on a green balloon just seconds before. I looked back and saw that she had indeed drawn a smiley face... just not on the balloon... on the car window.

No comments: