Saturday, August 3, 2013

Ch-ch-ch-Changes

Hi all. It's been awhile since I've posted. I've got some personal stuff going on that I never thought I would be going through (DUM dum dummmmm) and I've been avoiding a lot of things computer related. And paper related. And phone related.

I'm not going to say a lot about it here, other than to share that I'm filing for a divorce*. Well, I'll start filing as soon as I finally force myself to dig around for the documents I need. Which could take me awhile. If you remember the social security card debacle you'll know what I mean. (I actually did get that taken care of, finally. It was very anticlimactic. Disappointing really.)

*Yes, divorce. Queue the violins. And the sad trumpets. And the clowns with sad, frowney faces ... wait, no clowns. *shudder* Too scary.

Meanwhile, the kids are doing great (considering the situation) and all of them are in the same day care over the summer. Hooray for not having to drop two off in one place and the other somewhere else!

The two older kids are taking lots of fun classes. The baby (who's two so he's not so babyish anymore!) gets to participate in one of the classes but otherwise that age group is just too little for the cooking, outside adventures, and dance routine classes the older kids get to do. He's pretty busy anyway with all of the crafts they do in his class and the play time they have.

It's so cute to see them with their friends at pick up and drop off. Katie is still friends with the same two girls she met when she was four and started with the day care. Jacob seems to make friends pretty easily but he talks about the same two boys pretty regularly (and when he saw another friend in the hall, they shared a goodbye hug which was very cute!). Jackson is friends with everyone. It surprised me that he could name the kids from their pictures in the hallway. I mean, hearing him talk these days I have to look to make sure it's Jackson talking and not Jacob! There are times when I can't understand anything but those times are getting fewer and fewer.

Some highlights from the week:
1. Jackson ate toothpaste. Sure, he ate it off of a toothbrush (neither of which were his) so that's a step in the right direction.
2. Katie told me we were all (me, Katie, Jacob, and Jack) BFFIID's or "Best Friends Forever Intil I Die"... we'll be working on spelling.
3. I bought the kids squirt bottles from Target. BEST 97 cent purchase ever. They go outside and have a great time spraying everything.
4. We had a movie night and watched Jumanji while we ate popcorn.
5. Jacob loves Darth Vader. Still.

So, while the divorce is horrible, I'm doing pretty well. And I'm actually happier than I've been in a long time. Which is really saying something.

No comments: