Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Presenter Rule #2: Brains shouldn't be projected onto a huge screen. Ever.

I was watching a presentation at work today and one particular slide totally grossed me out. Let's just say that if I ever need to give a presentation, I'll try to imagine the images as they might appear on a 6x10 foot screen.

Because a picture of a BRAIN (including what I think is referred to as the *ahem* brain stem - I'm citing "House" as my source for this info because, well, I like the show AND because I'm sure it's full of real life hospital-y information so I'm sure I had to have seen some brain related stuff at some point) is something I could have passed on seeing right after lunch. It wasn't really that gross at first... but the longer I stared at it (and it was on the screen for at least two minutes) the more I noticed the detail... and the more I noticed the detail the more I wondered if it was a picture of an ACTUAL brain.

So, all that to say "ick."
*end
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: